Search Here For Philippines' Best Tourist Destinations

Custom Search

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Baler, Aurora




Baler is a 3rd class municipality in the province of Aurora, Philippines. It is the capital municipality of Aurora.

Baler is the political and economic center of Aurora. It is located some 230 kilometers northeast of Manila via a mountain pass accessible by bus. Baler is host to spectacular geographic formations and is situated on a vast plain at the mouth of Baler Bay, a contiguous segment of the Pacific Ocean. Nine-foot high waves serve as Baler's tourist asset, attracting hundreds of surfers in February for the Aurora Cup.

The town has produced some of the country's great leaders. Manuel Luis Quezon, the first president of the Philippine Commonwealth, was born in Baler. Edgardo J. Angara, also born in Baler, was a senate president and the present governor, Bella Angara Castillo was the first woman Majority Floor Leader of the House of Representatives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just learned about your page from a friend and I’m glad I did visit it; I found lots of interesting articles. I enjoyed reading and I’m gonna share it with my other friends too.

www.n8fan.net